Despite the words of the famous carol Away in a Manger, the newborn Jesus may not have been all that far “away” from the family that gave them shelter. But there are many ways that people try to keep Jesus far away in a manger today. Most obvious are those who want Jesus to have nothing to do with the season, then there are those who call the holiday Christmas but think we do not need Christ in it, but there are also many who claim to follow Jesus but would rather keep Jesus in a manger for a few days every year than to submit to Him as Lord. We will look at such ways of keeping Jesus away in a manger, and more.
- What Do You Think of the Messiah? (Matthew 22:34-46) October 25, 2020
- Testing Jesus (Matthew 22:15-22) October 18, 2020
- Dressed for the Occasion (Matthew 22:1-14) October 11, 2020
- Death & Rent (Matthew 21:33-46) October 4, 2020
- The Sign of the Burning Bush (Exodus 3:1-10) August 30, 2020